Partnering with parents to help children develop the ability to observe, think and speak in a manner that glorifies God.
Our Core Values
The Christian Academy is:
- We desire that all of our students would one day have a personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- We believe that every child is created in the image of God, and the role of The Christian Academy is to encourage children to discover the calling that God has placed on their lives.
- We believe in preserving the integrity of the family unit.
- We believe that parents are the primary educators of their children.
- We value family time and believe in strong family ties. Research indicates that these variables positively affect student achievement.
- The Latin term ordo amoris, the order of affections, means we prioritize what what is most important and least important. Our goal is to help students identify what is deserving of their attention.
- While we value structure and order, we believe words and actions must be infused with grace.
- The ability to control yourself, your actions, and reactions is fundamental to both academic and spiritual maturity.
- The lack of self-control leads to disorder and the inability of the school to succeed in what it values most highly.
- We believe that the Classical Christian Model of Education is the best path to cultivating wisdom and virtue.
- This model teaches a high respect for humanity, realizing that everyone is created in the image of God.
- We believe that people of “the Word” should be masters of the language.
- We strive to develop sound reason and a sound faith in our students.
- We believe that the Classical Christian Model of Education enables students to better know, glorify, and enjoy God “by nourishing the soul on truth, goodness, and beauty” (Circle Institute).